Dear Parents and Students,
On behalf of the staff at Strafford Elementary, we are happy to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! We are excited to learn and grow with OUR TRIBE as we continue our LEADER IN ME journey. We are looking forward to a great partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know we will do our best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning activities
2) Completes all homework assignments given by the teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
In the student handbook, you will find a copy of our school procedures, policies and rules so that you and your child can review them together. Please refer to the district website, under the elementary tab to access the handbook at any time. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact us or discuss them with your child’s teacher.
Please consider joining the Strafford Elementary Booster Club, as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program. Membership price is only $5 and this money goes directly to help sponsor and support various events throughout the school year.
Our parents, staff and students are all a part of OUR TRIBE and we feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support throughout the school year as we work to LEARN, LEAD and SUCCEED!
Dr. Michelle Gardner Dr. Ashley Bough
Principal Assistant Principal